Monday 23 February 2015

Petition for Vegetarian and Vegan Options in Luxembourg!






Before I went 'Vegan,' I never had a huge problem when eating out at restaurants with my family. Sure there were some places we just couldn't go to because there were NO VEGETARIAN options on the menu, but in general I could usually find something (smothered in cheese.)

Then I became a Vegan and the list got way shorter, like less than 5 places shorter (This was 5 years ago.) Every time my family would invite my husband and I out for a meal I felt really guilty.....because I knew it was going to be difficult for me to find something to eat and would also limit their choices massively. It wasn't a pretty picture, so I started 'declining' their invitations, just so I didn't put them in an awkward position.


Then 'ONE DAY' I suddenly said to myself.....,

"What the hell! Why should I be deprived of spending time with my family because I choose not to harm animals!????"
So the 'Worm turned' and I started to be a right, royal pain in the arse when eating out!

Now don't get me wrong, there are some places in Luxembourg that are happy to cater for us Herbivores and carnivores alike - Indies is one - Bless you Indies! But if you want to try one of the 10 Michelin star restaurants and you are Vegan.....Forget it!

So when I learnt about petition 478 to offer vegetarian and vegan options in ALL Luxembourg restaurants, I was Ecstatic!

Camille Muller is the brains behind the petition and you can read all about it on the Vegan Society Website.



It's really quite simple, we are asking for restaurants in Luxembourg to offer at least One (JUST ONE) option for us non-meat eating folk! It's not a massive request and, as I see it, in no way a 'hassle' for restaurant owners who already have vegetables, beans, legumes and grains somewhere on the menus!!

More importantly scientific study after scientific study has manifested the benefits of eating a plant based diet as it:-

  1. Significantly reduces your likelihood to contract 'some' cancers, heart disease, Diabetes etc
  2. Benefits the planet
  3. Is the most compassionate diet, saving millions of animals each year.
  4. Could help to end world hunger!

If these were not reasons enough.....It is also YUMMY and can help you lose and maintain a healthy weight! 
N.B - You might want to skip the Vegan donuts below!


 So, How can you help!?


The Petition requires 4,500 signatures to be heard by the Chamber of Deputes. So far we have around 10% of that figure and the petition closes on 27th March 2015.

Please, please, please take a couple of minutes to sign the petition (you can do it anonymously if you wish.) You will then receive an email from the Chamber of Deputes asking you to confirm your signature, PLEASE ACCEPT this!

Spread the word to your friends, family, co-workers etc. asking them to sign the petition! Share on your FB Status or Twitter feed!

There is SO much you can do, just from the comfort of your own home, so please take a minute to help out.....Your body, the planet and the animals will Thank you!

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.  - Albert Einstein



No comments:

Post a Comment